Purpose of the Boy Scouts of America
It is the purpose of the Boy Scouts of America to provide an effective program designed to instill within youth desirable qualities of character, to train them in the responsibilities of participating citizenship, and to help develop their personal fitness, providing this country with citizens who:
1. Are physically, mentally, and emotionally fit.
2. Have a high degree of self-reliance as evidenced in such qualities as initiative, courage and resourcefulness.
3. Have personal and stable values firmly based on religious concepts.
4. Have a desire and the skills to help others.
5. Understand the principles of the American social, economic, and governmental systems.
6. Are knowledgeable about and take pride in their American heritage and understand America's role in the world.
7. Have a keen respect for the basic rights of all people.
8. Are prepared to fulfill the varied responsibilities of participating in and giving leadership to American society and in other forums of the world.
BSA Mission Statement
It is the mission of the Boy Scouts of America to serve others by helping to instill values in young people and, in other ways, to prepare them to make ethical choices during their lifetime in achieving their full potential. The values we strive to instill are based upon those found in the Scout Oath and Law.
This page has been accessed $pagecount"; ?> times. Since July 7th, 1997